Full Mouth Reconstruction
MASTER LEVEL Full Mouth Reconstruction
8 DAYS OF INTENSIVE WORKSHOPS!
Full Mouth Reconstruction is a training that provides comprehensive knowledge on bite reconstruction. If you want to provide holistic care for your patients, this is the perfect step towards doing so. It is also a must-know for every prosthodontist and orthodontist who wants to create a harmonious occlusion in accordance with the temporomandibular joint.
Before the workshops, you will learn the detailed anatomy and physiology of the temporomandibular joint and masticatory muscles by reading the pre-course manual and watching the webinars. You will learn about Centric Relation and whether it is the only acceptable position in TMJ. You will also learn how to deal with the vertical dimension of occlusion. The second series of preparatory webinars concerns dental photography and tutorial of creating presentation and digital smile design in Keynote. The preparatory stage is aimed at equalizing the level of participants and focusing on as many workshops as possible already on the spot.
Because a real adventure awaits you in Gdańsk.
We put special emphasis on minimal invasiveness, therefore we first learn how to plan treatment to rebuild teeth, but NOT to prepare them (Injection Flow Technique reconstruction).
Together with the physiotherapist Julia, we start with an examination and an interview to make the right diagnosis, thanks to which we will be able to easily determine which patient we can rebuild in his current bite, which requires quick or full deprogramming, and finally, who requires splint therapy and specialized team care.
You will learn everything we currently know about bruxism. You will see how to register the bite during the preparation for cross-mounting. You will learn the secrets of bite equilibration and you will personally perform equilibration the bite on specially prepared models.
You will learn how to perform DFA facebow registration, leaf gauge bite registration, lucia jig, Kois deprogrammer. You will learn what the original LIP technique is, how to perform Dawson’s maneuver, how to register the bite for the occlusal splint, how to make your own deprogrammer… And most importantly – you will practice all these procedures yourself during the workshops with patients at the clinic.
How to deal with a gummy smile? When to use veneer and when crown ? If crown then with shoulder or shoulder less ? What is mock up preparation? What are the protocols for the preparation and cementation of crowns and veneers? Nobody will leave the training without knowing the answers to these questions!
The whole thing is completed by a full workshop day, during which each participant independently performs rubber dam isolation, preparations under the microscope and a number of different prosthetic restorations. And here also a surprise! We prepare specially printed models with irregular teeth, imitation of caries, fillings and the structure of enamel and dentin through the mock-up with microscope.
Another important part of the training are dental photography and digital smile design workshops. In the era of social media and websites, it is worth taking care of this side of our practice.
Of course, each of you receives printed interactive books a whole range of gifts (e.g. leaf gauge or ready to use sets of burs) for the first patient right after the training. See you soon!
Lecturers Full Mouth Reconstruction 8 Days
FLOW INJECTION + SMILE DESIGN
9: 00-10: 30
Flow Injection Technique – introduction, concept, indications, diagnostics, analog vs. digital algorithm, types of composites, advantages and disadvantages.
10: 45-12: 00
Basics of smile design, digital smile design, Smilecloud practical exercises
12: 15-14: 00
Digital vs analog wax-up, mock-up, reconstruction diagrams for upper and lower teeth, icustom or standard tray, materials for splints, silicone index for Flow – practical exercises
15: 00-16: 45
Flow Injection step by step, injection procedure, preparation, tools for the preparation of tangents, differences in the reconstruction of anterior and posterior teeth. Modifications of technique and construction of splints. Polishing protocol (mirror effect) how to get what to use.
17: 00-19: 00
Reconstruction of 6 front teeth using the Flow Injection technique, trick and trips – practical exercises
19: 15-20: 30
Keynote as a tooth design tool for the interested and energetic enthusiast. The most important tools and tricks to facilitate the work.
PREPARATION + IMPRESSION + TEMPORARIES
Late start – let’s take a rest
12: 00-13: 30
Planning the aesthetics of soft tissues in prosthetic treatment. Papillae and black triangles – how to tame them? Reconstruction of the Non-prep type. Is it really always completely without preparation? Clinical cases. Biological width – a term that no longer exists but still arouses emotions. When to prepare subgingivally?
How to avoid a recession after preparation and cementation?
13:30 – 14:30 break
14:30 – 15:45
Preparation for closing gaps and diastema
What about fillings and caries on proximal surfaces? When do we intersect the contact points?
Complete reconstructions – clinical cases Unusual complications in implant prosthetic treatment Overview of the Master Level preparation kit
16:00 – 17:30
Why is it necessary to equilibrate and adjust the mockup before preparation
Bite registration during preparation for full arches. Different types of impressions – material and method selection
How to make a temporary veneer and crown, and then remove them.
Shaping soft tissues with temporary crowns.
18:00 The famous meditation with breathing training
VERTIPREP, FIBER GLASS VS METAL POSTS, CEMENTATION + DENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY
9: 00-10: 30
what is the ferule effect and which part of the tooth is the most important?
Biomechanics of damaged teeth
What type of crown-root post to choose? Standard, fiberglass or cast post?
Shoulderless preparation. Why ? How ? When ?
10:45 – 12:15
Rubber dam – split dam or full insulation?
How to cover metal posts to maintain proper aesthetics.
Secrets of cementing crowns
Protocols for cementing and cleaning ceramic veneers
Video: step-by-step procedures from the first visit to cementation and equilibration
12:30 – 14:00
dentist Jakub Wiśniewski, dentist Tomasz Niedźwiedzki
Mirrorless cameras – revolution or evolution in photography?
Documentary photo protocols:
– basic set of photos – full photo protocol for prosthetic and orthodontic diagnostics – DSD protocol – setting of studio lamps – reminder of the most important parameters – contrastors
Studio lighting: – optimal equipment selection
Composition in portrait photography
Portrait: – Fun settings and tricks for photos of men – Fun settings and tricks for photos of women
The gnatostatic position
Photography with mobile devices: – selection of equipment – advantages and disadvantages of smartphones in dental photography – ways to get correct photos
15:00 – 18:00
Training makes perfect – practical classes on the use of the theoretical knowledge gained in the theoretical part and individual adjustment of settings in Participants’ sets.
Students will take the following shots:
– basic intraoral protocol using ring-flash lamps: photos of the anterior segment, photos of dental arches, side photos in mirrors – basic extraoral protocol using studio lamps – photos in DSD protocol – creative photos of prosthetic works
18:00 dinner party
Examination and biomechanics of the temporomandibular joint and the chewing muscle
Late start – let’s take a rest
- Disc pathology – how to differentiate it and when intervention is necessary
- How to distinguish between locks of muscle and articular origin
- Synovial pain map of the temporomandibular joint
- Radiological picture of disorders of the temporomandibular joint
- How to examine the temporomandibular joint
14:30 – 15:30
Research Demonstration + Workshop
Examination of the temporomandibular joint and mandibular mobility according to Master Level: TMD / FMR.
15:30 – 17:00
- Local myalgia, Spasm, Protective co-contraction, Myofascial pain, Centrally modulated myalgia
- Masticatory muscles – controversy related to the function and study of the masticatory muscles.
- What are trigger points and what is their importance in dentistry?
- The influence of cervical vertebrae (C1-C2), tongue, body posture and sleep apnea on joint and bite disorders – a curiosity or a standard of treatment? Controversies in the world of science.
- Adaptation – what is it, what are its effects, how to recognize if the patient is already adapted and how to treat him in cases of aesthetic and functional reconstructions.
17:15 – 18:00 Workshop
Full analysis and testing in accordance with Master Level: TMD / FMR screening.
Examination of muscles, joints, apnea tendency, analysis of mandibular mobility, risk assessment.
18:00 Meditation with breathing training and live concert on handpan
Occlusion + CENTRAL RELATION
Occlusion and articulators
- Differences in the approach to occlusive contacts Kois / Spear / Slavicek / OBI – equilibration on paper
- What is occlusal guidance? What are balancing contacts?
- Balanced occlusion, group function, canine guidance and incisal guidance – TMD protection or teeth protection?
- When NOT to create a canine guidance?
- Influence of the Spee curve, maxillary inclination, articular and incisal guidance on the morphology of the dentition.
- The role of protrusive bite records in determining the individual angle of articular guidance – we debunk the myths.
- Hinge axis – does condilography give us objective data for building the correct bite in the articulator?
- The role of fully adjustable articulators – is it worth investing time and money?
11:30 – 12:00 break
12:00 – 13:00
- 5 different condyle positions – webinar summary and answer to the question DO WE NEED A CENTRIC RELATION ? What the guidelines and professional ethics say in relation to the current state of scientific knowledge.
- What is bite deprogramming? Is it science or pseudoscience? What are the indications and differences in the operation of individual deprogrammers?
- Leaf gauge – What is it? When / should I use it? How to use it?
- Demonstration of working with the leaf gauge
CR AND VOD REGISTRATIONS + SPLINTS AND SUMMARY ALGORITHMS OF FULL MOUTH RECONTRUCTION
9:00 – 10:30
- Kois deprogrammer – how to determine the height of the platform
- Bite registration on the deprogrammer
- Lassmann Incisal Pin (LIP Technique)
- Dawson’s manipulation
- How to verify the correctness of registration
Workshop creating a Kois deprogrammer with Primo splint on models
12:15 – 13:30
Vertical occlusal dimension – webinar summary and clinical cases
Influence of changes in the vertical dimension of occlusion on airways
Nightguard/splints – when, what material? How to register the bite for the splint?
What contacts and guidance? Splint delivery and relining the rails.
Bite registration during the preparation of single teeth and full arches.
14:30 – 15:45
Cross-mounting – the most accurate form of registration after the preparation of full arches
Decision algorithm for asymptomatic, dysfunctional and painful patients in the case of occlusal reconstruction:
When not to change the existing bite?
When is fast deprogramming needed?
When is full deprogramming needed?
When is physiotherapy and splint therapy needed?
Full protocol: when? What ? Which visit? How much time should each procedure take and how much?
EQUILIBRATION + WORKSHOPS IN THE CLINIC
Late start – let’s take a rest
What is equilibration? When do we use it and when is it not allowed to do so? P1, P2, P3
Differences between equilibration in MIP and in CR.
Electronic bite analyzers – T-scan and OccluSense
When to perform equilibration and when to increase the occlusal vertical dimension ?
Equilibration of interference during chewing
Equilibration in static and chewing – video step by step
Occlusion on implants
Equilibration on models in the articulator.
13:45 – 14:30 break
14:30 – 15: 00
Access to the Dental Sense clinic ul. Myśliwska 33
15:00 – 17.30
Workshop with patients in a 5-station clinic (Lunch at the clinic)
Delivery and fitting of the Kois Deprogrammer
Leaf gauge / Lucia Jig
Kois deprogrammer + LIP Technique
Registration for the occlusal splint
Facebow and DFA registration
17:30 – 18:00 Quiz and summary of treatment planning news
INSULATION AND PREPARATION BY MOCK-UP UNDER A MICROSCOPE
9:00 – 9:30
In this part, you will put your webinar knowledge into practice. You will practice the setting of the chair and the microscope.
You will learn how to adjust binoculars, eyecups, correct vision defects and optimally adjust the light for clinical work.
9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Establishing a mock-up
Preparation with a microscope:
Preparation by mock-up – each participant prepares at least 10 teeth independently
Models printed on a polyjet printer (the possibility of printing materials of different colors and consistency) models in irregular shapes, with carious lesions, fillings, enamel and dentine structure and printed gingiva
Closing diastema with veneers, preparation in the case of a composite filling on the proximal zone, preparation in the case of a discolored tooth
Preparation for overlay
Vertiprep – preparation for shoulderless crowns
Preparation for the bridge where one pillar is with shoulder and the other shoulderless
16:30 – 17:00
Summary of the whole week of workshops and a ceremonial farewell